Thursday, August 3, 2017

The shaping of my mind

The things that shaped my mind in childhood were Batman (the 1966 TV show), The Beatles (my older sister was a huge fan, so I literally grew up with their music, assuming I grew up at all), cartoons (the classic Warner Bros. cartoons but many other as well, such as The Flintstones, Jonny Quest, Scooby Doo, The Pink Panther, The Jetsons, Gumby, Birdman, Speed Racer, and others), the classic monster movies (Universal classics and others), comic books (superheroes but also many other kinds), Peanuts (the comic strip, TV specials and movies), and The Three Stooges.  All this stuff got mixed up in my head and has stayed with me.  It was the best part of childhood, as far as I'm concerned.  I never fit in well with the other kids, but my inner life was rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment