Sunday, April 15, 2018

NaPoWriMo, Day 15

Today's NaPoWriMo prompt is to write a poem "in which a villain faces an unfortunate situation, and is revealed to be human (but still evil).

Lex's Lament

Women think he is cute
in his red cape and blue suit
as he flies through the air
with such elan and flair
and his spit curled black hair.
I say it's unfair
that my own noggin
merely reflects the glare.
My hair transplants failed
like crops in a drought.
Not one hair will sprout.
I've no need of a comb.
I know they call me chrome dome
when they think I'm not listening.
They make fun of my head,
so glabrous and glistening.
I tried Rogaine but to no avail.
My attempts at hirsuteness
inevitably fail,
and I end up in jail
after returning to crime.
But I escape every time
to wreak havoc on mankind.
I might not be so inclined
to spread terror and dread
if only I could grow
some hair on my head. - Jeff Barnes


1 comment: