Saturday, April 7, 2018

NaPoWriMo, Day 7

Today's NaPoWriMo prompt is to list your layers of identity, then divide them into things that make you feel vulnerable and things that make you feel strong, then select something from each list and have a sort of dialogue between them. I wasn't crazy about this prompt, but I tried to come up with something, so here is a bit of light, silly verse.

The Ugly Poet

I have my weaknesses
but I can compensate.
My teeth are crooked
but my lines are straight.

I may be overweight,
out of shape and flabby,
but people always tell me
my writing's not too shabby.

My hair is thinning
but things could be worse.
My head may look funny
but it is chock full of verse.

I look like a Ferengi
because of my big ears,
but I write poetry
as good as Shakespeare's!

OK, maybe I flatter
myself just a tad.
I'm not as good as Shakespeare
but at least I'm not half bad. - Jeff Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment