Friday, April 20, 2018

NaPoWriMo, Day 20

Today's NaPoWriMo prompt is to write a poem about rebellion.

Rebel

I put on work boots when I wear a tuxedo
and wear underpants on my head.
People like to wear green on St. Patrick's Day,
but I make it a point to wear red.

I toast the New Year with chocolate milk
when everyone else is drinking champagne.
I wear my galoshes on sunny days
and my sunglasses whenever it rains.

When I go to see a Star Wars movie
I make sure to wear a Star Trek shirt.
I like to eat chocolate cake for dinner
and have a tossed salad for dessert.

I always put taco sauce on my pancakes
and whipped cream on my sirloin steak.
I dunk French fries in my coffee and
pour vinaigrette on my corn flakes.

I park my car in my living room
and keep my bed downstairs.
If anyone should disapprove,
it's not my problem. It's theirs. - Jeff Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment