Friday, April 27, 2018

NaPoWriMo, Day 27

Today's NaPoWriMo prompt is to write a poem based on a Tarot card. I seem to have a problem following directions to the letter, so I wrote mine based on two Tarot cards, The Fool and The Moon.

The Fool and the Moon

They call me a fool
for following my bliss,
though it leads me to
the edge of an abyss.

They say I'm deviant,
that I've gone astray,
for when the sun rises
I look the other way.

They say I am weird.
They think I'm a loon,
because I shun the sun
and look to the moon.

The sun to me
is excessively bright.
I prefer the moon's
more soothing light.

They say I'm bound
for damnation,
but I won't buy
into their frustration.

The moon is the source
of my elation.
it helps me actualize
my imagination.

They call me a fool
but I pay them no mind.
I'll ride on a moonbeam
and leave them all behind. - Jeff Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment