Friday, April 17, 2020

Retro

Bring your typewriter when you move in.
I still have my old VCR.
I have a cassette deck in the house
and an eight track in the car.

I'm glad that you don't judge me
or consider me a dinosaur
just because my home computer
is a 1982 model Commodore 64.

I may be getting old but I can still
fit into my bellbottom jeans.
I have a swag lamp in my living room.
My stove and fridge are avocado green.

After dinner we can settle back
and enjoy some instant powdered tea
as we watch the programs from our youth
on my RCA XL 100 console TV.

We can sleep in my water bed
and bathe in my claw-footed tub.
I still have all the albums I got
from the Columbia Record Club.

We can listen to mix tapes we made
of all our favorite songs
as we sit together on the floor
and play endless games of Pong. - Jeff Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment