Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The Voyage

When she came in through the bathroom window
I snuck out through the back door.
I came across Doctor Robert and a walrus
who were standing on the cast iron shore.

When the Doctor spotted me he said,
"Hail and well met, old fellow!
I just bought a magic submarine
and had it painted yellow!"

He invited me to come along
on his voyage and I asked, "Where?"
"I'm not actually certain," he said,
"Perhaps we'll know when we get there."

"Count me in!" I said as we climbed aboard
and soon we were in motion.
We descended below the waves
and entered a hole in the ocean.

I don't remember how long it's been
since that day when we  departed.
We are sailing across the universe.
This territory is uncharted.

The journey is what's important.
It doesn't matter where we're going.
Perhaps I'll send you a postcard
from a place beyond all knowing. - Jeff Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment