Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Creation Myth #8,693,212

The sun didn't come up this morning,
but a giant fried egg rose in the sky.
A purple gorilla waved at me
as he flew by on an atomic pie.

Blue jays were swimming in the river.
A blue whale went out for a walk.
a giraffe flew by in a helicopter,
in hot pursuit of the Jabberwock.

Three platypuses played poker in my living room
and asked if they could deal me in.
"No thanks," I said. "I just bought a new unicycle
and I'd like to  take it for a spin."

As I rode my unicycle around the block
a man with a bow and arrow came by.
He looked up, took aim, and shot
an arrow at the egg in the sky.

This archer's aim was quite flawless.
The nucleus of the giant egg broke.
And that's how the world as we knew it
became an endless sea of yolk. - Jeff Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment