Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Parts

Frankenstein, when you put me together
you surely must have been drinking,
otherwise I simply cannot imagine
what  in the world  you must have been thinking.

You gave me this cadaverous face
and a big, flat, ugly head.
Couldn't you have given me the face
of  Rudolph Valentino instead?

Look at these hands you sewed on!
Your work was careless and botchy.
Why could you not have given me
the hands of Liberace?

I hate these feet you gave me,
so big, clunky, and smelly.
Why, oh why didn't you give me
the graceful feet of Gene Kelly?

This voice I have, alas,
is as unlovely as my body.
How I wish you had given me
the larynx of Pavarotti.

The brain you put in my head
is impulsive and downright stupid.
You should have given me the brain
of Socrates or Einstein or Euclid.

People run screaming when they see me
and I feel that you, my creator, betrayed me,
for you were so driven, hasty, and careless
that you did a slipshod job when you made me. - Jeff Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment