Saturday, April 13, 2024

The Cheese Poem

 Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese. - G.K. Chesterton


I would like some cheese.
I beg you please,
don't be a tease.
Bring on the cheese
and I'll think you are the bee's knees
and give you an affectionate squeeze.

It can be blue cheese or Swiss.
They won't go amiss.
Or maybe Camembert or Brie.
Either one would suite me
and in fact bring me glee.

A few slices of Gouda
would get me stoked,
especially if it's smoked.

A bit of Mozzarella
would make me a happy fella.
As would some cheddar
be it white or yella.
 
A slab of Muenster
would make me as happy as a funster
or maybe even a punster.

I really dig parmesan.
It is totally gone,
or some Asiago, Daddy-o.
I'll dine out on the patio.

I'd enjoy some Colby
if it isn't moldy.
Bring me some Edam,  oh please, Madame!
That would make me happy as a clam!

I think some Havarti
would be nice and hearty.
Bring me some and you'll be
the life of the party.

I don't ask for lobster or steak
or even  cookies or cake,
nor even a bowl of corn flakes.
All I ask of you, please,
is to bring me some cheese! - Jeff Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment