Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Douglas & Me

I have no brothers or sisters.
I am an only child.
But ever since Douglas arrived
I'm never a lonely child.

My family was on vacation
when I wandered from the campground.
Douglas found me, lost in the woods,
walking aimlessly around.

His feet are 20 inches long
and he is nine feet tall.
You might think that he scared me,
but he didn't, not at all.

His body is covered with fur,
so he never has to get dressed.
Douglas is a sasquatch,
in case you haven't guessed.

He took me back to my parents.
They were glad I was safe and sound.
Dad said it might be a good thing
to always have Douglas around.

So he invited Douglas to live with us.
Douglas said, "That sounds very good.
I am tired of living alone
way out here in the woods."

When Douglas came home with us
he said, "This is very appealing!
Not only do you have a big backyard
but your house has  very high ceilings!"

When Douglas walks through a doorway,
it's the only time he has to bend.
I'm glad to have Douglas with us.
I've never had a better friend.

He walks me to school every day
and then he walks me home.
I'm not afraid of bullies anymore.
Now they all leave me alone. - Jeff Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment