Friday, April 8, 2022

Wally Cox

Some folks only measure their worth
by their bank accounts' size.
They want mansions, yachts, and limos.
They have dollar signs in their eyes.
They dream of having more gold
than is stored at Fort Knox.
But what I am striving for
is to be Wally Cox.

Some folks want to be rock stars
and have groupies by the score.
They want to sell a million albums
and then a million more.
They want to be rich and famous
and live high on the hog.
The most excitement I want from life
is to be the voice of Underdog.

My father wanted me to be an athlete,
but I thought that was absurd.
I don't belong on the playing field.
I'm just a bookish nerd.
I don't want to be in a locker room,
hanging out with jocks.
That was never my goal in life.
I just want to be Wally Cox. - Jeff Barnes



No comments:

Post a Comment